Good morning and happy Friday! I’ve noticed a big uptick with the traffic to The Glossy Lemon (yay!) so I thought I would introduce myself. Aside from my About section, here are 20 things you probably didn’t know about me:
- I can’t touch my toes. I blame the fact that I’m a runner and really bad at taking the time to stretch.
- I’ve been married for 9.5 years. You don’t see much of my husband on my social media because he hates having his picture taken or being on social media.
- I feel like my wardrobe is never complete and constantly want to start over.
- The biggest thing that prevented me from starting a blog was fear.
- I laugh at pretty much everything. Even on my first date with my husband (back in 2001!) he said, “you laugh a lot.” Obviously he likes that I do!
- I really want a pair of roller blades but aren’t they so out of date? I want to cruise around everywhere with them because I feel like they’re an easier mode of transportation than a bike.
- I seriously hate the color yellow, except if it’s a flower. The color actually annoys me…if a color can actually conjure a feeling.
- I’m obsessed with understanding dreams. I often try to translate them by looking at the Dream Dictionary online.
- I’m just as obsessed with interior design as I am with clothes. In fact, all my saved images on Instagram are from interior design accounts.
- I hold the Idaho state record from 12 year olds in the 400 meter dash (64 seconds!)
- Whatever the opposite of a hoarder is, that’s what I am. I literally throw everything away and hate any kind of clutter.
- I love watching Real Housewives of NYC, OC and Beverly Hills. My favorites are Bethenny, Heather, and Kyle (but Erika is a close second!)
- Number one on my bucket list: Northern Lights
- I am carb obsessed. I could literally live off of bread. In fact, I’m eating wheat thins as I type this.
- My dog, Ricky, only likes me and my daughter. He’s a rescue and is scared of everyone else.
- My favorite city is Boston.
- My most embarrassing moment: falling so hard on the stairs at work and being whisked away by Office Services in a wheel chair and taken to the hospital.
- My sister and I talk to each other at least once a day. Same with my parents.
- If I do something really stupid/annoying and it makes my husband laugh, it literally makes me day.
- I’m not much of a reader… at all. The thought of reading a book sounds really enjoyable but every night I wind up on Pinterest instead. Oops!
I hope that gives you a little glimpse into my personal life! Also, are you guys using the new Like to Know it app? You should! You can take a snap shot of my posts on Instagram (ensure they have the little “LiketoKnowit” heart on the bottom right) and the app will show the picture with links to everything I’m wearing. You can download the app in the App Store, just search for LIKEtoKNOW.it.
Thank you for stopping by my loyal readers!